In this article, we will discuss Modularizing Web Applications using Modular Architecture in ASP.NET Core. We will go through Monolith Architecture’s various cons and pros and work on how to build monolith applications in a better way. Let’s call it Modular Monolith Architecture. Towards the latter section of the article, we will also build a sample solution that follows Modular Architecture. I have also attached the repository link to the ongoing real-life implementation of Modular Architecture in an Open Source Point of Sales System later in this article.
- 1. Background
- 2. Monolith Architecture
- 3. Reasons to Avoid Microservices – For Now.
- 4. The Need to Build Better Monoliths
- 5. What is Modular Monolithic Architecture?
- 5.1 Definition of a Module
- 6. Benefits of Modular Architecture in ASP.NET Core
- 7. Cons of Modular Architecture when compared to Microservices
- 8. Building Modular Architecture In ASP.NET Core
- 8.1 What we will build
- 8.2 Architectural Assumptions
- 8.3 Getting Started
- 8.4 Project Structure
- 8.5 Controller Registrations
- 8.6 Persistence
- 8.7 Adding MediatR Handlers and Controllers
- 9. fluentPOS – Modular Architecture Real Life Implementation
Read entire article – https://codewithmukesh.com/blog/modular-architecture-in-aspnet-core/