I know my main question is highly subjective but I'm curious on thoughts about how learning both languages versus one would affect things like:
- speed of language mastery
- whether syntax differences would affect my ability to remember software design patterns
- long-term interest in software development and it feeling fresh
- the burden of staying up-to-date with two ecosystems
- the risk of having a narrow-minded perspective if only learning one language
Bearing in mind the similarities of JS/TS and Python (e.g. choice of static or dynamic typing) and the differences (e.g. strong vs weak typing), plus the choice of frameworks and range of uses for each language, should I put all my effort into becoming an amazing JS+TS developer or will I get something worthwhile out of adding Python to the mix?